Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I haven't left you.

I was inspired, & I don't want this inspiration to go away.

A Christian brother shared his story. He reminded me of a lifestyle I was once addicted to. The one that I read in a book, the lifestyle of "the monster". When I lived this life, nothing matterd & God was the last thing on my mind. The Christian brother shared the process of finding God. It all happened in a matter of 2 years, in such little time. As for me, it took the help of a heartbreak, and 3 months to begin talking to God. Soon enough, he began listening, & I'm sure I felt the Holy Spirit one night.

Recently, I haven't been going to my youth group, but in my heart I still feel the same connection for God. I won't deny that I have drifted away from my prayers twice a day, but I plan on going back to speaking to God even more.

All it took was the story of a man who was a total stranger to me, & still is, to tell his life story & remind me of the way I was.

I'll never want to be that person again.

No comments:

Post a Comment