Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wake-up call!

I just noticed how fast this is going. How fast my friends are growing up, people I've known for more than half of my life. Especially, how fast I have to grow up.

Life has presented me a new choice. One that has been offered, but I was too behind. One that has been my dream for 4 years. New York City. I imagine myself as an 18 year old in the big city. My dream. My someday future either way.

The only thing standing in my way is, my career. I'm...lost. Unexplainably lost. I'm sure I'll find something to do, but an 18 year old in the big city, wow. I may sound like a sort loser because I'll be living with my mom either way, but that's all I'll have. Something that has let me down too much before. Where will I run to now?





My friends. Mari, how will I know you're safe in the military?
Michelle, how will I ever hear from you?
Denise, how will I ever see you?

No comments:

Post a Comment