Sunday, November 22, 2009

Just a glimpse

I know I've been talking about, "my senior year this, my senior year that", but it's not going to stop until I graduate. After being embarassed on Friday in front of my boyfriend of less than 2 weeks, I had my last tournament for Marching Band and Colorguard yesterday. We did the usual, well, of course the seniors added a twist to it. We continued our prank with the seniors being "mad", and not showing up. The underclassmen fell for it! And were certainly surprised when they saw us.

After this, it was back to normal. We went to stretch, warm-up, and got in formation for our field show.

I can imagine the feeling the seniors who had been in there for 4 years, and some sticking with their instruments for 6 years felt. It was my first year of marching with the band as colorguard captain, but I had this feeling. This feeling of, "oh shit! This is it. No more waking up early on Saturdays and having 16 hour days. No more." Even though we didn't win anything, and I cried, I was so damn proud.

After we made our speeches during dinner, and after seeing my "little sister" cry for me, I was encouraged to take on winter guard AND concert band as a flute player once again. That glimpse of what I'll be feeling towards the end of the year disappeared, but there's nothing more encouraging in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment